Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Rewind: Zzzz...

OK...This is another of my pathetic attempts at poetry. I really don't know why I wrote this in the first place, or even why I'm torturing my few readers by blogging it. Anyway here goes....

I return tired and spent,
Dragging along my leaden feet,
The burden of the day's problems,
Weighing upon my stooped back.

Head upon my downy pillow,
Sinking into the depths of its comfort,
Enveloped by the blanket of silence,
Rocked by the lullaby of aching limbs,

Tranquillity descends into bloodshot eyes,
Ragged breathing becomes slow & content,
A smile forms on my lips,
Peace pervades through my mind,
Lost in the throng of blissful dreams,
Soothed by the cool night air,
I sleep.........

1 comment:

Ashish said...

ho ho ho dude this was GOOD! the last stanza is just awesome, read it again and again. im anti-sleep most of the time, but when im tired and go to bed, thats what i go through :)