Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Rewind: The Funny 'Grands'

I had written this poem when i was in the 5th STD.........so plz bear wid me. I had to add this here coz i was jus going thru it again n liked the pure innocence of it. NO changes whatsoever has been made.............this is the original. So sit back and enjoy.

THE FUNNY 'GRANDS'

My grandparents are old,
And they think I am gold,
Because they correct even my smallest mistake,
Even if I mistook Magellan for Francis Drake. (I was in the 5th.......)


My grandparents shiver and quiver,
And complain of worms in their liver,
My grandparents shout and grumble all day,
And if we ask them why they have nothing to say.

They sometimes dance they sometimes sing,
They even fight in the wrestler's ring.
Biff!! Smash!! Here they go,
They have no teeth becoz when they break they dont grow.

Their hair is old, withered and white,
And they look a very pathetic sight.
They use their walking stick everywhere,
And if they lose it; it gives them a scare.

So thats my grandparents as u know,
I'll bring them to you to see their whole day's show.

*Note: All the characters and incidents mentioned above are entirely fictitious. Any resemblance to an person living or dead is purely coincidental(esp. to my real grandparents).

No comments: