Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Rewind: Untitled

This poem is an outcome of my frustration due to my inability to solve my physics assignment. It is a very bad attempt at poetry....coz its probably just my 4th or 5th one. But, as my English prof. T. Ravichandran says,"...poetry should be the spontaneous overflow of powerful emotions..."And this is truly that.....Hope u guys like it....if u dont, dont worry i'll keep writing anyway!!

Hands upon the balcony,
My eyes roved the night skies,
For a hint of epiphany,
Among the sea of eternal lies.

The heavens lay dark and still,
The wind sighed through my hair,
A tear dropped onto the sill,
But there was no respite to my despair.

Anguish pulsed through my veins,
Confusion obscured my vision,
Tenfold became all my pains,
I could not see any redemption.

Is this what life is then?
With reasons elusive to my grasp?
The wind sighed yet again...
My hands began to unclasp.

Frustration drove me to and fro,
Shadows flitted in the mist,
Soon my pacing began to slow,
And my doubts began to lift.

Life's all about illusions,
About mirages and mirrors,
We all labour under the delusion,
That in others lies the error.

We fail to look into ourselves,
'Coz oft within us are the fallacies,
We hope the problems will resolve themselves,
And wallow around in hypocrisy.

And so for me a new journey has begun,
There was a melancholy in the air...
The wind sighed yet again,
As it ran through my hair......


After writing this poem I still couldnt solve my assignment......but thts another story :P
Till then...

No comments: