Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Ode to my bipedeled friend

OK. This might give you an idea as to what might drive an individual to write such a bad poem. This was penned during a particularly boring physics tutorial. It happens to be about my bicycle. If you happen to notice any innuendo in the poem (as pointed out by my worthy friends), please note it is purely coincidental and was not what I had in mind when I was writing. If you don't, well that's better for me, isn't it?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ode to My Bipedeled Friend


I still recall thy heavenly lustre,
And my heart did go aflutter,
When mine eyes beheld thee,
In all thy metallic glory.
Paths I was wont to trod,
I rode upon my steed, proud.
Thou hath always been beside me,
As I manoeuvred every turn in glee.
But now I am loathe to say,
That our eternal bond has begun to fray.
Thou art with problems fraught,
And thy trusty kickstand doth not,
Stand for thee any longer,
And thou plummet ere I walk yonder.
Thy iron links art bereft,
Of its enduring strength and deft.
Thy staunch armour for dust,
Now only receive their mirth.
When upon the boulevard thou hasten,
I am unable to show thee reason,
And bridle thy boisterous venture,
And find my life in grave danger.
Rickety, rusty, creaking, breaking,
Bereft of thy bell joyously tingling.
Curse the Gods doth I,
Whence They sent thee I cry,
But no matter how much thou might offend,
I shall always love thee - my Bipedeled Friend.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

awwwwwwwsom poem:)

Ashish said...

IMO one of your best articles yet, the language has all the feel of a literary classic, and the anachronism actually makes the poem even more lovely(atleast for me). really really good vocab, im not much of a poem person, but i like simple poems which rhyme and are written from the heart and i loved this!

PS manoeuvre was misspelt, no spell check eh? :)